RE: Another question about Google maps

At 8:37 AM -0600 11/17/08, Boyd, Todd M. wrote:
tedd, I think it might be displaying your extra divs (if there are any..
just skimmed the source momentarily) for a split second before they are
hidden with Javascript. Maybe try setting the CSS for your 3 map divs
(mapsearch, idlediv, searchdiv or whatever) to display:none and show
them when the page is loaded? Or give all 3 the same top/left
coordinates, etc...

Just a shot in the dark. I may read over the code a bit more if I get
some time later today. I'm no expert, but I've been working with the
Google Maps API rather extensively lately, and maybe I can offer a fresh
set of eyes.

HTH,

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer

Todd:

That would be great. Also, if you see anything there you like, of course you may use it.

I think the div's are Okay -- I always check my code through the W3C validator and that does a good job of checking that. I wish that Google and W3C would decide on what's "acceptable".

I also tried "display: none" via css, but could not get the right combination of hide/display to make it work right. However, I'll look into your suggestion.

If you can find anything to correct, that would be good. But it's just a minor annoyance and I thought someone might readily know what the problem was.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------