Re: PECL HTTP Extension

Following the previous messages, my situation resumes in something like
this. The Extension must be properly installed because the file appears in
the correct path, so it must be something missing in the apache
configuration file ('httpd.conf') or in the php inicialization file
('php.ini'). Could someone please describe me every step i need to take and
everything i need to change in this files when i'm installing a php
extension for the first time and assuming that the php.ini is actually the
native php inicialization file on Leopard ('php.ini.default'), i think that
maybe a little especific "crash-course" can solve all my problems. Someone
please...
Regards

Rui Quelhas

Fisrst of all in order for this to work you need to include the module's dir in the extension dir directive in php.ini. This means that you either need to include

"/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/"

in the extensions dir or just copy the module into your current extensions dir. Not so elegant solution though.

You should put something like that in your php.ini:

extension_dir=".;/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613;/usr/lib/php/modules"

Now you should additionally tell php besides where to find the modules (with extension_dir) what modules you need to load so add this in php.ini:
extension=http.so

--
Thodoris