RE: PHP - Web/list Question...

hi T!!

This might work!

The items in my "list" are really scripts for given colleges, that have been
created by developers. This phase is a part of the workflow for the script
so the app can test the script, or run it in the production phase.

The testing portion involves testing the script, looking at the results, and
then either promoting the successful script to the production folder, or
returning the script back to the dev folder.

so, the testing portion is where i want to "group" the scripts. in reality,
i should look to test files either:
 -individual script (just want to run a quick test for a college)
 -by a user (might have made a few mistakes, so i want to test all his/her
scripts)
 -based on the date of completed dev (test all the scripts in the last 24hrs
that are in dev)
 -any other possible groups???

this process could work, as i could then simply have some checkboxes that
would interface with the mysql select to generate the list... i could then
allow the user to "delete" if nessasary from the list..

on the production side, since i'm going to crawl all the colleges to update
the data, i'd simply create/update a group that has all the colleges, which
can be automated, with no need for manual interaction...

this could work, and would eliminate the need for the pagination/session
approach..

if you have any other thoughts regarding possible selects/issues for the
testing/grouping process let me know your thoughts!!

thanks guys..