Re: PHP Dev Facts

a- (more out of interest) any problems with tasktop? I've found it a bit buggy/pain to install in ganymede (although mylyn works a dream)

Haven't had any issues with tasktop but I'm very impressed with it so far. Install was just like any other extension, I'm using zend studio 6.1 which is based on 3.4 but seems like zend is still using 3.3 install/update manager (not sure why). The reporting with tasktop is really great and easy to use. I like how i can send emails from within the ide, link to the filesystem, and browser (ff support was just added). I'm still waiting to see better integration with leopard. If you paid for a subscription, subscribe to the beta update site which i believed is updated weekly. Only problem i have is $99 is a little much :)

b- mylyn with trac and svn; does the set-up allow yuo to automatically submit the bug update/notes with the files to svn; ie bugtracker and svn reports in sync if only via text? + have you compared to mylyn/ bugtracker? I'd be ultra-interested to know (and tbh would save me some more research)

Are you talking about svn commit hooks? Trac has commit hooks for svn so commits can be posted to a specific ticket. For example your svn commit message can be "refs #313, #314 my commit message" and it will post that message to those tickets with links to the svn commit. When you do this mylyn sees the incoming message and updates the ticket locally as well. What's nice is you can, from within mylyn, is click each of the ticket numbers or the svn revision # to either view the changelog or the actual ticket. I haven't tried out bugtracker, i started using trac before i started using mylyn. I picked trac just because of the great wiki and svn integration and when i became aware of mylyn I was lucky enough that they had the trac connector with some great functionality. They've recently added sub-tickets with the masterticket trac plugin so you can have ticket dependencies. Hope this answers you questions.
--Brendon

Have to say using eclipse/zend for eclipse with mylyn/tasktop really helps in keeping up with bug tracking (trac) with all my projects. Helps to keep everything organized, especially when management wants to know what's going on. SVN is also crucial and its nice to have commit hooks
to work with trac.

cheers! 2 questions;