Re: Re: utf8/quoted printable based mail renders raw html

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Nathan Rixham <nrixham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Eric Butera wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Ashley Sheridan
>
>> From: "Some Company" <info@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:01:18 -0400
>> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:01:18 -0400
>
> maybe because you have two dates in the headers?
>
> whats the mime type of the html block? if it's set to text/plain then..

> is it all valid utf-8? (and indeed valid quoted-printable utf-8)?
>
> + something rings in my mind about either wrong line terminations in the
> mime headers OR having 1 too many..

There are two dates in there because of my copy & paste error.  I only
pasted a little bit and later revised by pasting more of my headers to
be more clear.  Whoops.

As for it being all valid utf-8, I'm pretty sure it is.  I have a
header that sets the content type to text/html charset utf8 along with
a meta tag.  My database tables are all utf8 (along with the
collation) and so is that connection.  I suppose I haven't gone
through the extreme of actually validating each character, but that is
a bit much.

As for the headers & mime encoding, well I'd have to search the Zend
Framework docs/forums to figure that out since it isn't really a
php-general question.  There are a lot of eyes on this code and it has
really good unit tests.  I'm fairly confident in its abilities, but
nothing is perfect.

I'd err on the side of my content before anything else.  Maybe looking
into the headers/quoting issue might provide some light.

Thanks!