Re: Re: Best Search Algorithm for Millions of record

:
Am 2008-10-06 18:05:41, schrieb Hemant Patel:
But still i am asking...if anybody has ever worked on other Full Text Based
Search Algorithm then please help me to choose the best one as I need to
search in 160,00,000 records....

Realy 16 million records?

I you use PostgreSQL, I recomment to  use  at  least  version  8.3  with
"table partitioning" otherwise you could hit some  limits  on  a  singel
table (it happen to me, but with over 200 columns and 500.000 rows)

Also I recomment to use "tsearch2" which let you do fulltext search.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Another good idea could be to try mysql by partitioning your table and use the merge tables feature to search. The problem is always, as usual, to choose carefully the indexes but since you are searching for text this might be hard to implement (perhaps by using search tags for every entry but you will have to create them).

You can also post this to php-db list. You might get better answers...

--
Thodoris