Re: Yeah I'm sortof a noob

Frank Stanovcak wrote:
> I'm trying to follow the three precepts of accepting user entries...
> 1. never trust it.
> 2. never trust it.
> 3. never trust it ever!
>
> I have one entry that may equal 0 on submission, and if it does is tripping
> a bool false result, so I came up with this work around.  However when I put
> this in my code the page fails to load.  What did I do wrong, and please be
> specific.  I already know I'm stupid, and to answer the question.  The extra
> ';' are for my clarity to know that is the end of the if or foreach
> statement.  Plus it carried over from java script and keeps me out of
> trouble as I flip between the two.
>
> I am looking for the instance when the key is 'ExtraCases' as that is the
> field that will possibly be zero on submission.
>
> //check to make sure all the entries passed
> foreach($Filtered as $ThisKey => $ThisVar) {
>  if($ThisVar == FALSE) {
>   if(($ThisKey == 'ExtraCases') and
> (filter_has_var(INPUT_POST,'ExtraCases'))) {
>    if($_POST['ExtraCases'] == 0) {
>     $noProb = TRUE;
>    } else {
>     $Continue = FALSE;
>     $WrongData[$ThisKey] = TRUE;
>    };
>   } else {
>    $Continue = FALSE;
>    $WrongData[$ThisKey] = TRUE;
>   };
>  };
> };

Well, I haven't studied your code to see the problem, but I'm replying
to your "workaround".  You should be able to code this without the
workaround if you use the correct comparison operators.

== is untyped value comparison
=== is a strict comparison (must be same value AND same type, boolean,
string, int, etc...)

These are correct:
0 == false
'' == false