Re: magic_quotes

On 8 Oct 2008, at 21:38, Bryan wrote:
My web site consists of some hard-coded html but on the main, data is
stored in MySQL and through the use of PHP I generate pages of html.

Everything went well this year until around June/July time when I
started noticing quotes (') were escaped in the generated html, so
"it's" would appear as "it\'s".  I use Dreamweaver 8 to develop my
site.

Hard-coded html is fine, it also obeys any CSS within it, PHP
generated html however doesn't obey CSS or URL's.

Looking at my computer server setup everything runs properly on the PC
but not on my webspace, it ran OK for 18 months on both.  Looking at
php.ini on my PC I note magic_quotes_gpc is set to on and
magic_quotes_runtime is set to off.  On my webspace I note
magic_quotes_gpc is set to on as is magic_quotes_runtime, I assume
this is what's screwing up the PHP generated html.

Is there a way to avoid this?

http://stut.net/blog/2008/06/08/where-are-these-backslashes-coming-from/

-Stut

--