RE: How to capture origional client machine _directory_ and file name on uploads?

It is a common WANT. Unfortunately, it's also a doorway to incredible
security risks--any direct knowledge of or access to the client's file
system could be compromised and leveraged for ugly, terrible,
unspeakable things.

I ran into this doozy when I was working on a submission form with file
attachments--if the submission fails, the user has to re-attach the
files. PERIOD. (Well... they could be cached on the first submission and
left there on the SERVER continuously for additional submissions, but
you get my drift, yes?)

HTH,

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer