Re: SESSION array problems [ANOTHER SOLUTION]

Hi gang:

While this may be trivial to many of you, I post this for the others.

In my last problem, which was caused by register globals being ON, I wondered how I could fix this.

In my specific case, the client had "Register Globals ON" and his host objected to turning if OFF saying that other scripts might break. After hearing that, the client was not willing to risk it.

So, I looked at some of my older scripts and found I had used:

ini_set( 'register_globals', '0' );

But in my last problem, neither '0' or 'off' did anything.

So, I looked at the manuals again:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.php

The manual says, I can change this directive:

Entry can be set in php.ini, .htaccess or httpd.conf

So, by simply adding an .htaccess file with the following --

php_flag register_globals off

-- fixed the problem.

Cheers,

tedd