Re: Web Project Leader -- Contract - San Francisco area

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 14:49 -0400, Dan Joseph wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Robert Cummings schreef:

> >> Anyone else not see PHP in the above?
> >>

> > no I'm not seeing it.
> >
> > apart from that, what kind of project can't standardize on a single
> > development 'platform'? .NET *and* Java?
> >
> > the funny thing is http://www.pinnacleus.com/ is a completely bogus site,
> > that's technically a complete pile of crap on top of containing *no*
> > information.
> >
> > catchphrase of the day: "get a site, get a clue and get a .NET developer
> > somewhere else".
> >

> >> Cheers,
> >> Rob.
> >>

> > --
> >

> Not to defend this....BUT
>
> There are places that use multiple platforms.  My company uses .NET and PHP
> for different things.  Also recruiters will often target people who have
> related knowledge to what they're looking for.  I.E. looking for a PHP
> programmer, but will consider someone who knows C or Java instead.

Yeah, just recently we've had to mix in a PHP script with a ColdFusion
site because PHP is able to do what CF can't, and they don't want to
keep paying for those bloody extensions!

As for the job email though, come on, that's plainly spam from some
idiot who doesn't know his ASP from his elbow!

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk