Re: Making array to string

Eric Gorr wrote:

On Sep 17, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Hunt Jon wrote:

Hi, I'm new to PHP. I have an array that I would like to convert into a string.

For example, I have

array(
0 => "Good morning",
1 => "Good afternoon",
2 => "Good evening",
3 => "Good night"
);

Now I would like to convert the array to something like:

"Good morning Good afternoon Good evening Good night".

The result has concatanation of each value, but has one space between it.
If possible, I would like to insert something like "\n" instead of space.

I've been looking into various "array" functions, but I have no clue
where to start.

Of course, implode is the best option, but this can be accomplished in other ways as well. Since you were unaware of basic array processing and string techniques, I thought I would mention that it can be done with a 'for' loop...

$asString = "";
$nItems   = count( $myArray );

for ( $x = 0; $x < $nItems - 1; $x++ ) {
  $asString .= $myArray[ $x ];
  $asString .= " ";
}

$asString .= $myArray[ $nItems - 1 ];

there's foreach too..

$asString = '';
foreach( $myArray as $index => $value ) {
  $asString .= $value . ' ';
}

BUT implode is the way to do it in this scenario :)