Re: ASCII Captcha

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 09:06 +0100, Richard Heyes wrote:
> > Oh my..
> > Although people who are deaf and blind make up a small portion of
> > internet users, is this a reason to deny access to them?
>
> You could spend forever trying to make your website accessible, but at
> some point it will become a black hole that attracts money and time,
> which doesn't represent value.
>
> And if in your recent blog post this was referring to me - "a person
> who was deaf and blind cannot use the web anyhow", I never said that.
> Oh and if you're concerned at all about accessibility, stop using grey
> on white.
>
> --
> Richard Heyes
>
> HTML5 Graphing for IE7, FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari:
> http://www.phpguru.org/RGraph

The way to convince your bosses to go for accessibility is to just
explain the benefits it gets with regards to SEO. That's something they
will have heard of, and they'll be aware of how that can affect their
bottom line. Just by doing a few things that make a site more accessible
to people also makes it more accessible to search engines. It gives me a
warm glow to know that I've achieved what I set out to do, even if it
did involve conning the bosses who thought that accessibility wasn't
important.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk