Re: Email - Best practice/advice please

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:55:03 +0100, Tom Chubb wrote:

>I have generally been using the PHP mail function for sending emails from
>contact forms on websites, but have recently had problems with a lot of
>mails being delivered to junk/spam folders. [...]

If you don't end up using PHPMailer, make sure that you are setting
these fields properly or SpamAssassin et al will suspect your emails as
being SPAM.

From: a valid (looking) email address
Date: the send date in RFC-2822 format, date('r')

Good idea:

To test, send some emails to yourself at an account that has
SpamAssassin and look at the headers to see what SpamAssassin says as it
should indicate what it doesn't like about your emails. Try this first,
before messing with the headers above.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam." - Pythons