Re: namespaces ... coming to a php5.3 near you.

Jochem Maas wrote:
Jochem Maas schreef:
has anyone here downloaded/compiled 5.3 and played with namespaces?
have you encountered any issues/problems?

so no-one? really? none of you muppets ever even smelled a namespace?

I'd like to hear from you as I've been asked to compile a reference documenting anything/everything people may have come across (so far as namespaces go), if you have some reproduce code, all
the better.

rgds,
Jochem

I haven't tried php namespaces yet, but have implemented them for my own projects, to 1) avoid the ever enduring hassle of setting directory paths for every host where the project lives in one form or another (dev, test, production). 2) calling classes according to their logical structure, in stead of figuring out in what freaking folder I put the class.

namespaceMyProjectName('db.mysql.MySqlHandler');

Nice and easy, although at a performance cost atm. I'm looking forward to seeing how PHP handles it.

greetz,

Stijn