Re: Installation doesn't complete, Windows Vista: error - "script required to complete"

On 10 Sep 2008, at 11:26, Ben Stones wrote:
Others are facing the same problem and theres an official bug report here
about it: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43639&thanks=3

PHP hasn't fixed it since December 2007, wondering if anyone has a
workaround as I cannot even uninstall it now as the same problem arises. Is
there any workaround as I have Apache and MySQL all ready and setup.

Install it manually. The installation doesn't really add anything, and if you're writing PHP code you really should be capable of installing PHP manually.

And as for your comment on the bug, if it's "disgusting" fix the damn thing yourself. It's called open source software and this is how it works... If you have a problem, fix it. Or, if you don't have the required skills but still need it to be fixed there's nothing stopping you hiring someone to fix it. Either way you haven't paid a cent for PHP so I don't see what you think gives you the right to bitch about it.

Rant over, back to work!

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/