Re[2]: Length of Exception text?

Greetings, Peter Ford.

>>> Catch excetion and manually call getTraceAsString.

>>> Do not catch exception, let PHP behave on it's own way.
>>
>> are you printing to screen or to error_log (or syslog)? I believe
>> error_log has a limit as to the
>> length of the string that will actually be logged ... I can't remember
>> whether this
>> was php, apache or system related.
>>
> You want the php.ini setting:

> log_errors_max_len

> It defaults to 1024 characters: presumably that includes the preamble giving you
> 1015 or so to play with.

> If you set it to zero then you get unlimited log messages. 'course that might
> fill your logs up a bit...

Good catch indeed. I was confused by the strange limit (not 1023-1024 as I
expect that), so I haven't checked if this setting affecting things.

And don't worry about my log :) I want it enabled for php-cli.ini only, for
development purposes.
On live suite, exceptions generally never breaking out to {main} scope.

--
Sincerely Yours, ANR Daemon <anrdaemon@xxxxxxxxxxx>