Re: Length of Exception text?

Jochem Maas wrote:
ANR Daemon schreef:
Greetings, Jochem Maas.

I've been working on some PEAR-based app last week and I ran into problem.
While I debugging app, my backtrace always trimmed at some point.
First time I though it was my mistake, and switched back to standard
"Exception" class.
But nothing changed.

If I print everything by hands, it's all full and good, but if I let PHP print

what do you mean by:

1. print by hand

Catch excetion and manually call getTraceAsString.

2. let PHP print

Do not catch exception, let PHP behave on it's own way.

are you printing to screen or to error_log (or syslog)? I believe error_log has a limit as to the length of the string that will actually be logged ... I can't remember whether this
was php, apache or system related.

You want the php.ini setting:

log_errors_max_len

It defaults to 1024 characters: presumably that includes the preamble giving you 1015 or so to play with.

If you set it to zero then you get unlimited log messages. 'course that might fill your logs up a bit...

--
Peter Ford                              phone: 01580 893333
Developer                               fax:   01580 893399