Re: Sending out mass emails

Hello,

The right class address below is http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage .

on 09/04/2008 10:47 AM Angelo Zanetti said the following:
Hi all,
We would like to send out mass emails for some of our clients, these are
HTML email and text alternative for the email clients that cant read those
HTML emails.

We have developed some scripts to send the emails using phpmailer.

Now we anticipate sending emails in batches but not sure how many at once.

This depends on what is your goal is sending it in batches. If it is to
avoid server overload, you need to watch your server load and suspend
delivery when it has too much load.

But if you have other concerns, you need to tell what are those concerns
so we can advise.

Also what is the best way about going around being black listed due to spam
issues.

If you do not send messages to people that do not want them, that
reduces the chances of being blacklisted.

I know that the headers need to be set to avoid being detected as spam.

That is a problem mostly with malformed messages. As long as the
receipient address is in a visible header (To or Cc), at least Hotmail
will not junk your messages for that.

Therefore you should be sending separate messages to each recipient so
you can personalize at least the To header.

If your message is the same to all recipients, you should cache the MIME
message data for the message body.

I do that using this MIME message class when sending newsletters that
are the same for all recipients. Internally the class can cache the
message body even when the headers vary for instance the To: and

It saves a lot of server load that otherwise would be wasted rebuilding
the same message body.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimmessage

--

Regards,