Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: [PHP] PHP 5.3.0alpha2

> Try with IIS7 + FCGI, it is _fast_ :)

It's a "same-across-platforms" thing. Mostly to do with the fact we
use mod-rewrite. :(

>> PHP is so much slower on windows, though a lot of it has to do with
>> file handling, a Windows specific slowdown I guess.
>
> That's something I really to fix for 5.3.0 or later. That's part of my
> fresh new job to optimize PHP on Windows. If you have cases where the
> slowdown is identified (from a scripts point of view), please let me
> know and I will spend some time to solve them :)

It is pretty much include() and its relatives. Autoloading with a lot
of possible include paths. I'm sure if you had a Zend Framework App
and put it on Windows, and took out all the require_onces with paths
in them and instead added all those folders to the include path, you
would see what I mean. However, on Linux it would fly. Not that it
matters to me, since I parse all our files and find a dependancy tree
and merge them before deploying to a webfarm. (I do parsing /
combining of CSS also, but need to keep a distance vector when
compressing them, otherwise the order of some rules shifts too much
when combined... hmm... guess what I am working on today?)

-Ru

PS: The http://windows.php.net/downloads.php site *looks* good too... :)