Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: [PHP] PHP 5.3.0alpha2

hi Steve,

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 1:26 AM, steve <iamstever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> None yet, I still have to create some. Apache may provide some when
>> they have began the move to VC9. VC9 Apache builds can be fetched from
>> http://apachelounge.com, they are known to work very well.
>
> Hmm.. that is a good link. I had forgotten about them. Ideally, I'd
> like to get a all 64bit setup with Apache <-> FastCGI <-> PHP (nts).

Try with IIS7 + FCGI, it is _fast_ :)

> PHP is so much slower on windows, though a lot of it has to do with
> file handling, a Windows specific slowdown I guess.

That's something I really to fix for 5.3.0 or later. That's part of my
fresh new job to optimize PHP on Windows. If you have cases where the
slowdown is identified (from a scripts point of view), please let me
know and I will spend some time to solve them :)

>>> and 2) Will there be PECL builds also?
>>
>> Yes, but directly in pecl.php.net package homepage.
>
> Does that mean there will be a package of them as before? But for all
> the build targets like your new site has?

Yes and per PHP branches (5.3 and 6.x).

> http://windows.php.net/downloads.php is a huge improvement. Thank you very much!

You are welcome! Very nice to see that it is appreciated, the PHP
Windows team has worked hard to get here :-)

Cheers,
--
Pierre

http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org