Re: Altering the error_reporting

couldn't a user-defined error handler work for this?

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.set-error-handler.php

obviously it would require the script that has the error handler still
be parsable.

but you get the info in the format:

handler ( int $errno , string $errstr [, string $errfile [, int
$errline [, array $errcontext ]]] )

you could print out the first two pieces, and not the last 3...