Re: Altering the error_reporting

Micah Gersten schreef:
This seems like a futile activity.  It's a waste of time to have to hunt
down an error if you can be told where it is.  I suggest spending time
improving coding standards that error chasing.

besides, try grepping the archives for the number of posts that post errors
which include the file and line number that ask what, why and where whatever is
going wrong.

finding someone on that level who actually reads the complete error message
and attempts to act on it is a hard task by itself. :-D

Thank you,
Micah Gersten
onShore Networks
Internal Developer
http://www.onshore.com

admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am looking for a way to alter the error_reporting(E_All)
This displays Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /var/www/html/test.php on line 7

I want to remove the file location and line number from the error
to only produce
Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}'

Why? You may ask.

I am writting a code tester in php but i do not want to display the "in" portion. This will make you find the error on your own. As a learning tool.

Understand I have error reporting off in the php.ini file and call the errors in the php script with ini_set('display_errors', 1);.

I am sure this is doable I just cant figure out how to do this without altering the php.ini file.