Re: ASCII Captcha

Jochem Maas wrote:

>figures, no blooming good to us then :-)

No, I wouldn't bother! (It actually p!sses me off when I have to type my
email address into a form because they've decided to pick some unique
name for the field!)

>makes me think of another trick to block spam/cruft/etc from
>form submissions (including double POSTs) ... set a hidden field
>to a random value that session bound and usable only once ... if
>the value is not present in the POST or it's not set in the session
>as being valid and usable then don't accept the POST ... if the
>POST is accepted then remove the value from the session.

Yes, your Honey Pots idea intrigues me, and I'll be stealing it, thanks!

>cake is a metaphor. let's imagine it means 'girls' for instance ...
>you with me now? ;-)

Um... nope, no idea what you mean (nodding!).

[She's about to come over and demand her coffee, must fetch ;) ]
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Such a pretty girl, happy in an ugly place,