Re: casting static property

Govinda schreef:
On Aug 31, 2008, at 2:17 PM, Jochem Maas wrote:

another tip: don't top post :-)

does "top post" mean to puts one's reply text at the top of the email?

exactly.

People prefer it to be at the bottom?

generally yes, the longer you hang around on mailing list and the like,
the more likely you're going to prefer bottom posting .. AFAICT

read this for a pretty decent explaination:
	http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Personally I like the new text to be at the top so I don't have to scroll down to see the new part, but please do clarify what old timers expect/prefer so I can maximize my chance to get help when I need it ;-)

top-posting is bad karma around here :-)

(oops. Didn't mean to send you a copy too Jochem.)

generally on this list the norm is 'Reply All' ... this annoys some
people no end, those people can 'fix' this problem in their email client/server ...
personally I've gotten so used to it that it's become a sort of visual
clue in my email client as to when I've got a reply on a thread I'm active in :-)

so on this list at least a 'Reply All' is acceptable but I doubt anyone will
complain if you strip out everyone's address but the list's if you reply.

the reason 'Reply All' is defacto standard around here is that the mails generated
by the list specify the original sender as the Reply-To as opposed to the list's
address ... one could consider this bad configuration, but it's the way it is
(this list doesn't not have an admin/moderator or anything of that ilk ... yes
someone from the PHP group can step in if everything breaks but that happens once
every 5 years or so ;-))