Re: Re: What's with the Rx symbol?

tedd wrote:

> <In general terms>
>
> What you see above and what you claim to be
> "reality" is actually PUNYCODE -- that is NOT
> what the url actually is.

Hmm, the URL that is presented to the webserver is certainly in
punycode - what the user sees depends on the browser.

In my opinion they're both URLs, just in different representations.

> The concept was that browsers were supposed to translate PUNYCODE back
> into the code-points they represented so the end user would be able to
> see their domains in their native language -- not leave them as
> PUNYCODE as they are now for some browsers.

But Tedd, that does actually work _very_ well.  The only exceptions I
know of are MSIE (the perpetual exception) and your symbol-domains.

/Per Jessen, Zürich