Re: Re: What's with the Rx symbol?

At 2:21 PM -0400 8/30/08, Andrew Ballard wrote:
On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 11:38 AM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > I think making the URL RED would be a better warning than showing PUNYCODE
 -- but that's my opinion.

 Cheers,

 tedd

Wait a minute - you're going to rail on for ever on another thread
about web in-accessibility with CAPTCHA and then you're going to
propose something that relies on color coding for something that
important? What about all those with red/green color blindness?

Andrew

Andrew:

First, I don't think I "rail on forever about web accessibility" -- instead I simply address the concerns/questions/comments as they are presented.

Second, I said highlighting mixed charset URL's in the color RED was an example to illustrate that solutions can be found that are different than showing PUNYCODE. It was not a solution I would endorse for red/green color blindness or for blindness. There are other ways to handle that.

So, please cut me some slack.

Cheers,

tedd

--