Re: Function __call

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> please keep replies on list unless your intending to pay me
> an hourly fee ...

Yeap, i'm new in the list and i missed te cc of list... i'll try to
remember, sorry

> Diogo Neves schreef:

Now in understand "schreef" is from da system...

>> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Diogo Neves schreef:

>> nop... I wanna manipulate the $this and the $arguments, and possible
>> don't even execute the private method...
>>
>> I'm tring to develop a "hook system" for my classes... and i simple
>> don't wanna to do all the hook verification every method of the class
>>
>> I'll send my files for you to see what I'm doing in "do something" on
>> my __call() funtion
>
> the code looks messy what with the global $hooks, functions required for
> hooking

Yeap, but i'm only making tests... i'm not too horried about mess yet...

> (the function name class_hooker() is very funny btw)

ok... i missed that in my english... added :)

> and you seem to
> be mixing static/non-static class calls willy-nilly.

I'm never calling something static, i'm?

> I'd rethink this if I we're you. if every can be hooked, then make the
> hooking should be part of a base class, possibly a factory method for object
> creation will help to keep things clean and in one place. a generic
> 'hooking'
> decorator object might also be an idea. or maybe just using subclasses to
> change/augment behaviour is a much simpler and cleaner approach.

yep... i'm thinking of a base class, but that has nothing to do with
the __call, if u see, i'm already passing the "get_class( $this )" and
not __CLASS__ on call_user_func of the user, but again only testing

> your code makes me think of the hooking mechanism in WordPress ... works
> okay,
> but it's a nightmare to code to (imho).

right again, i'm trying to do a wapper for phpbb class's that have a
similar hook system, but needs to be defined method by method,
function by function... like a big mess... and even like that i don't
get yet the criteria to have a hook or not :)

> BTW. function and method names beginning with '__' are considered reserved
> by the engine, it's not best practice to name userland functions/methods
> things like '__magic'

Yeap, in this case is my naming that is really pretty bad, but i
needed something diferent from the normal hookable methods, then I
simple added a '_'... but again tests, naming and code organization
was not a horry, only logic...

But again, i don't see why your php should see your class's private
methods outside of itself, it should simple look for a public one, if
it exists then call it, otherwise call the _call and let it handle it
:S

Anyway, thanks for answer me and give me that points, and if u know a
really good hoking system, please give me reference ;)

And please anyone else has an opinion of it should work or not?
Thanks

--
Thanks by your attention,

Diogo Neves