Re: What's with the Rx symbol?

At 1:30 PM +0200 8/30/08, Per Jessen wrote:
 I finally managed to get to Tedds site

It's not that hard, try: http://rx-2.com

And you said:

Now, I haven't worked in pharmaceuticals, but I've worked in most
European countries.  So it's probably just me, but I've _never_ come
across the Rx symbol before.  I don't think it's as global as you
think.

Okay, please permit me some literary license -- after all, this is my retirement plan. :-)

My source for my claim is simply and directly taken from Unicode -- that's THE authority on global glyphs.

I am also positive that every Pharmaceutical company in the world recognizes that symbol.

Now, does everyone in the world recognize the symbol -- I don't know. But I do know that IF there is a global Pharmaceutical symbol, then it would be listed in the Unicode database and this is the only symbol that's there.

What do you think about the yin-yang symbol?

http://xn--w4h.com

I think one billion Chinese know that one. I just hope that I don't have to wait until one billion Chinese have PC's to find a buyer. :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------