Re: _SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] not set?

Does Zend use a separate instance of Apache or some other webserver ?

Stijn

Saurabh Agrawal wrote:
In one of the examples, I am supposed to access _SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].
However, when I am seeing its value in the debug stack, I am getting it
be null! Even phpinfo() is showing that this particular variable does not
even exist, though there are other _SERVER[''] declarations.
What's DocumentRoot set to in your Apache config? (httpd.conf) Check
any VirtualHost blocks you might have, too.

What's the result of print_r($_SERVER); ?

In httpd.conf,

DocumentRoot "D:/xampp/htdocs"

No VirtualHost blocks.

David, I just found a thing. I had been running this script within the Zend
IDE, looking at output in the IDE itself. Now that I see the output in
Firefox, I can see the variable in phpinfo(), as well as in the output of
print_r($_SERVER).

It must be something to do with Zend, then. Is that it?

Even the output of print_r contains the line
[DOCUMENT_ROOT]=>D:/xampp/htdocs in Firefox, but no such line in Zend!

Thanks for the help!

Saurabh.