Re: Regex for email validation

At 9:29 AM +0200 8/28/08, Yeti wrote:
That Rx.com domain name is really great stuff, but how do you expect
the average user to type it in?

Of course the problem has always been how can the user enter these types of characters from their keyboard. But, that's pretty simply with a Mac and as the rest of the world continues to log-on to the Internet (in record numbers in their own languages) I am sure that the problem of how to type in non-ASCII characters will become more of an issue and the solution will solve my problem as well.

But as it is now, it's not so much IF the domain name is easy to type in or not, but rather does the Rx.com show up in the URL once you get there? And it does for most browsers other than IE.

You can get to the site very easily, try typing:

http://rx-2.com

That wasn't hard, now was it?

The same could be done for: http://www.jnj.com or any other Pharmaceutical Company -- or at least that's what I'm selling.

Now, will some bright young savvy pharmaceutical executive recognize the opportunity or will this idea continue to float around until it becomes obvious to the brain-dead -- your guess is as good as mine. But, the day is coming. I just hope that I don't have to will my symbol domains to my son or grandson to finally have them pay off. :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------