Re: Semi-ADVERT, not really spam, sorry for it

On 19 Aug 2008, at 12:52, Jochem Maas wrote:
metastable schreef:
V S Rawat wrote:
If you provide "paid" help in code development/ testing/ troubleshooting related to php or other software areas, please feel free to drop a line to me at my id mentioned below. Please don't write here as some other
members might find this off topic.

Sorry for bothering the rest of you. I hope you wouldn't really mind if some of our colleagues who are doing such a lovely volunteer work here get to earn some money for a bottle of beer and more. Rest assured that it is no fraud/ scam/ cheating. I am very much here to take the brickbats.

Thanks.
vsrawat at gmail dot com

remembered it in any reply, as opposed to many others who take time from their busy schedules to give something back, free of charge. This does not inspire much confidence in your qualities or determination. There are many channels out there that would be beneficial to your goals, e.g. wendo, ogone and the likes.
Please take your commercial goals there.

He's looking for a little off-list help for which he is apparently willing to offer some kind of compensation ... plenty of other's have done the same in the past, some of us occasionally even take people up on their offer and I've actually
earned more dollars that way than you've posted words to this list.

Seems to me you either have a pathetic grasp of the english language or you
can't be bothered to read.

To be fair that wasn't entirely clear from the message. Something more along the lines of "I'm having trouble with something that I can't talk about on a public list", or "I have a sizable project to get done and I need some help for which I have a budget" with a "let me know off-list if you're interested" to sign off would have been a lot clearer.

PS - for those that know, I'm back ... with a vengeance.

I was wondering why I didn't get much sleep last night - something was definitely bothering me about today.

;)

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/