Re: Re: Passing variable to a page in a frameset

On 8/15/08, Dan Shirah <mrsquash2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  GET should work too. Do you know of any examples anywhere online for
>>> this? My brain shuts off at the thought of how I'd do that.
>>>
>>> - jody
>>

> When you GET a value you are retrieving a passed value that appears in the
> address bar:
> Example
>
> http://www.mysite.com?name=joe <http://www.mysite.com/?name=joe>
>
> www.mysite.com is the website
>
> ?name=joe is the value being passed by GET
>
> To put this value into a PHP variable you would simply do:
> <?php
> $name = $_GET['name'];
> ?>

Although, since you have no control over the actual search page to edit the
code and have it pull in the $_GET[''] values you will probably have to
disect the search page to get its form elements so you can feed them to it
and force a submit.

I just looked at your site, and after I input my search criteria and click
submit I have to again enter in the search criteria and submit to actually
get some results.