Re: php File upload

Tom wrote:

> With what linux BS have you tested?

It was an older SUSE Linux 8.2.  But the OS shouldn't matter - maybe the
PHP release and maybe the apache ditto.

> No, it isn't the apaches job/problem.
> I do nothing with the file. Looking for $_FILES Varables and then
> move_uploaded_file.

That's exactly what I just did.

> But i said it before, the problem is not at this point.
> If i upload the file and watch memory with vmstat, free is going 0,
> cache is going to top and if free is 0 => temp file was deleted and
> script witout an error comes back. At the crash point, the File is not
> complete uploaded, so my $_FILES  have no entry about the file specs.

Ah, so it's not PHP and it's not apache using up your memory - it's your
filesystem cache.  Check how many files you have in the tmp directory
and the destination directory.

/Per Jessen, Zürich