Referencing files in cron jobs versus format when running from URL

I have a file that works from the URL like:

www.mysite.com/cronjob.php

and this file includes references to uploaded files like this:

/home/mysite/public_html/dir/subdir/filename.xml

and this is used in functions like filemtime(). The uploaded files are found on the server using the above path in the code of the php file.

However, when I cron the php file from the server using:

/ramdisk/bin/php4 -q /home/mysite/public_html/cronjob.php

(using the server cPanel Cron Manager Linux command type set up page), the php file does not find the uploaded files, presumably because the above format of /home/mysite/public_html/dir/subdir/filename.xml needs to be a different path. This must be familiar to many, can you help in suggesting change in path required?

John