Re: After INSERT form submit - Data doesn't refresh!

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Rahul S. Johari
<sleepwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It works, but it's not the most efficient solution. The page has heavy
> graphics & text. Using the header("Location: a.php") loads the page in
> question twice. Slower connections will respond slowly to the page.

No, it really doesn't. A redirect should be followed with an exit() to
stop execution after the Location header is passed, so you don't need
to send all the "heavy text" or the IMG tags to embed the images, and
most client browsers will stop rendering the page as soon as they see
this header and therefore won't request the "heavy images" in any
event. Granted, there is still the connection overhead caused by an
additional request.

> In theory, the header() statements for not using cache should have worked -
> I'm not sure why they are working. Even Googling the loading from cache
> problem gives those statements in various places.
>

> On Jul 22, 2008, at 10:16 AM, Jason Pruim wrote:
>
>> Without seeing the code it's hard to tell.. But couldn't you just use a
>> header("Location: a.php"); after the insert statement? Or is that too ugly
>> of a hack? :)
>>
>> It works for me on a project I'm working on.

(I hope this doesn't get lost in all the top posting on this thread.)

Andrew