Re: php help.

Jim Lucas schreef:
Belinda wrote:
Good morning

I have just been browsing the web for help with a php problem that is
driving me mad. I didn't want to post to the site so hope that this email
may get a response. I thank you in advance.

I am learning php myself(self-learning) but just can get me head around this
error.(lack of knowledge L)

With regard to [function.file-get-contents] can anyone explain this error to
me...please :-)

Warning:
file_get_contents(http://www.ecofriendz.com/groups/orca/?action=group_last_t
opics&forum=Bea-Tropical&trans=1) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to
open stream: Connection refused in
/home/sites/ecofriendz.com/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolGroups.php on line
419.

I cannot resolve this issue. any help will be gratefully appreciated.

With Kindest Regards

Belinda Marsh

sounds like you are not allowed to access URL on the internet.

this is indeed more likely than having missed quotes around the
URL (someone else mentioned that possibility).

chances are that Belinda's using shared hosting and that
allow_url_fopen is turned off server wide ... I'll bet money
the sys admins won't turn it on for her.

now the real question! why is code that blatantly belongs to
ecofriendz.com trying to grab output from a 'page script' that
exists in the same site ... it's just plain wrong to have site
screen scraping it's own output, the underlying data should be
retrieved from the datasource directly.

maybe you'd care to explain what it is your trying to achieve?

There is a setting within PHP that either allows or denies you the ability to access remote URLs like the one in your example.

You will need to make sure that in your php.ini configuration file that you have allow_url_fopen set to '1' and that it is not diabled.

Here is the page that references these settings:
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ini.php#ini.list

It is the second one in the big list of things. I noticed that they also added a new one as of v5.2.0 It is for the allow_url_include You might need to do something with this also. Not sure.

But, I would start with making sure that the allow_url_fopen is set to '1'. If you need to change the value, make sure that you restart your web server so the settings will take effect.

Hope this helps.