Re: Re: very very small CMS

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:31 PM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No problem -- I had the data backed-up anyway. I figured that someone would
> do what you did and I was ready for it -- it was easy enough to fix.
>
> But, it did start me thinking about what bad things might happen if I
> allowed to work as before. So, I made it not work as before.
>
> Next time, if the page is going to be editable, I put a logon on it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd

One way to handle this is to have a revision system in place.  I've
rolled this out in one of the newsletter apps I just wrote.  On each
update I inject a copy of the previous content into the revision pool.
 Then on another screen a manager can side-by-side visually compare
the current version with any previous revision and revert if needed.