Re: Re: very very small CMS

19 jul 2008 kl. 05.05 skrev Robert Cummings:

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 19:40 -0400, tedd wrote:
At 4:26 PM -0400 7/18/08, Al wrote:
I've got one that sounds like it's exactly what you are looking for.

This site uses it extensively.  http://www.restonrunners.org

Just about every single page on the site was created using my php
program "EditPage".  Non-techies do their own thing.

It is highly configurable and uses a simple file-based DB for the
content. Requires php5. Here is part of the user instructions to
give you an idea of the content user instructions.

"Rendering of lines and paragraphs generally will be the same as
they appear in the edit box. Titles, centering and bulletins are
centered.

"Tags" are special instructions for the user's browser and consist
of starting and, generally [there are exceptions as noted], ending
elements [e.g., <blue>Blue Text</blue>] EditPage's "tags" are
described below. "Tag names can be lower or upper case. Two word
tags can be connected with an underscore or a dash. [e.g. <big_blue>
or <big-blue>]"

That's the good news. Bad news is that I'm doing a major redesign
and it won't be ready for about a 3 or 4 weeks. If you can wait till
then, just ask.

Al.....

Al:

Here's a CMS I've been working on.

http://www.webbytedd.com/a/easy-page-db

The idea is to allow the user edit pages in situ.

That specific layout is only one of several different types.

That's a really great layout ;)

Extremely funny. I hope Tedd won't get too scared...

//frank

Cheers,
Rob.
--