Re: PHP documentation parsing?

Am Freitag, 18. Juli 2008 13:03:43 schrieb M. Sokolewicz:
> This is more of a question for the PHP Documentation Mailinglist than
> for php-general, so I'm cc'ing it there.
>
> Could you perhaps put up such a toc file somewhere online, so we could
> take a look at what it actually looks like, for those of us not having
> access to a kdevelop installation.
>
> Also, the php documentation on that homepage, was it just the XML-source
> ? or the rendered html output? I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring
> that out from your mail.
>
> - Tul

Hi,
Sorry for "spamming", but i got a error reply from sending this to
php-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

here is the content of the php.toc file: http://paste.ubuntu.com/28269/

I don't know exactly how the old documentation looked like (because I never
saw it online) - but what I can read out of the .toc file the structure was
quite the same as the one on your php.net page.

The toc file describes just URLs;
- one base URL (in your case "www.php.net/manual/en")
- all other xml nodes are titles and relative paths.

I replaced the line
   <base href="http://epoxy.mrs.umn.edu/doc/python2.2-doc/html"/>
with
   <base href="http://www.php.net/manual/en"/>

-> most of the documentation works  -  but not all of it, and some chapter
numbers are wrong too.

So I ask you if there exists a possibility to get this documentation in a
format that suites better than parsing the html file op php.net ;-)

Thanks,
Chris