Re: IPv6 validation

Per Jessen wrote:
Kevin Waterson wrote:

This one time, at band camp, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, it's a simple matter of need.  People also run apache 1.x, mysql
3.x etc.  There are still Linux 2.2 and 2.4 systems out there too.
4 years its been, thats incompetence.

Kevin

Kevin, I don't know how old you are nor how long you have been in IT,
but your opinions suggest you might be fairly inexperienced. Like I said, remaining back-level with software or an OS it's a matter
of need or choice.  Sometime both are heavily influenced by time and
money.  Not upgrading something to PHP5 due to lack of manpower is not
incompetent at all, it's reality.

Seconded.
I never deployed PHP4 having 'come on board' just as PHP5 was reaching RC stage so I started with that in the field, but I STILL have to watch that the code that I'm writing in other projects is PHP4 compatible. Most of what I'm doing now was originally working on Builder5/6 code - and code written in the mid 90's is STILL in use in the field. No time to 'upgrade' and no incentive since the customers are more than happy.
So 4 years is nothing in IT terms :)
I'm was a heavy lobbyist for getting PHP4 killed off, but THAT is more to do with getting PHP6 out the door. Something that is going to be much more useful even for an 'only English speaking' user. The number of time I cut and past overseas addresses only to find the address label is unusable! :( Ascii is fine for internal coding, but for real world data ......

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL