Re: IPv6 validation

Kevin Waterson wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Yeti <yeti@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> It will still take some time until every provider has PHP5 running,
>> at least where I am from. I have many customers who want me to get
>> their sites running on some cheap webspace they got along with their
>> internet connection. Then you have to tell them it won't work because
>> of some problem with the versions. I would love to write code for
>> PHP5+ only.This is a terrible excuse for using
>
> PHP 4. Today, July 13, marks 4 years since
> the release of PHP 5.0. _4 YEARS_ to move applications and code to
> PHP5.
> Its either apathy or incometence.

No, it's a simple matter of need.  People also run apache 1.x, mysql 3.x
etc.  There are still Linux 2.2 and 2.4 systems out there too.
Besides, the migration path of php4-5 is not always easy - code may
have to be rewritten, other code may not work at all etc.  I have two
applications that can only run on php 4.3.8 due to a regression of the
setlocale() function in later versions.

/Per Jessen, Zürich