RE: cookie encoding/decoding

Anyone have any ideas on this at all?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Demel [mailto:jdemel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:50 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  cookie encoding/decoding

I have a situation where a cookie is being set elsewhere on a site by
ASP.NET, and I want to read it in my PHP.  However, when getting a cookie in
PHP, it does an automatic urldecode (or some kind of decoding).  Since the
cookie is entered in its pure form, with no encoding, on the ASP.NET side,
PHP is actually converting/decoding correct characters that don't need
decoding.  So, for example a plus sign would become a blank space.  This, of
course, means I'm getting incorrect info from the cookie.

Is there a way to turn off this PHP "feature"?  Perhaps a flag in the .ini
file?

-Jeff