RE: can you give me example of website using postgresql database?

Touché, salesman.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lester Caine [mailto:lester@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:21 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  can you give me example of website using postgresql
database?

Will Fitch wrote:
> Assuming that a system should switch RDBMSs is a waste of time without
> knowing the reason is asinine.  Using NDB clustering is a primary reason
for
> switching.  PostgreSQL is only currently PLANNING built-in replication,
much
> less clustering.  Not to mention that the existing system is not taking
> advantage of ANY PostgreSQL functionality that is not already present in
> MySQL.  So gaining performance and clustering is reason enough for me.

You gave no reasons initially ... and with facilities being added all the
time, the reason to change may evaporate before a change is made?
Have you looked at the alternatives as well since you seem to have some work

to do rather than simply changing the data source?

I'm being told I have to switch to MSSQL or Oracle but the customers can't
provide justification to do that as yet and since we are only up to a couple

of gigabytes of data replicated across machines I am always looking for
informed explanations of why a switch is necessary ;) i.e. why one database
may be more appropriate than another.

The lack of proper comparison information does make it difficult at times :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL