Re: de lester

27 jun 2008 kl. 09.05 skrev inf200528@xxxxxxxxxx:

SORRY, IN THE LAST EMAIL I DONT SAY WHAT TYPE OF VIDEO I WAS WORKING,
 I AM WORKING WITH VIDEO  .MOV
THANKS.

I am working with videos and I need to Know how I can obtain the duration of the videos I had a formula that did not need any function of php, but i lost de page, please i need any help with this.

Sorry for my english, i am from Cuba.

Lester..Univ de Cienfuegos..Informatica 3 Año
(*_*)>>>"Todos somos muy ignorantes. Lo que ocurre es que no todos ignoramos las mismas cosas"<<<(*_*)

Servicio del Grupo de Redes
Universidad de Cienfuegos
Contacto: adminred@xxxxxxxxxx

First of all, I think it's not necessary for you to apologize for your skills in the English language. Sometimes I feel that some members of this list tend to think that it is funny when somebody is not able to express him-/herself to 100% when English is not the native language. I think it is wrong to make fun of something like that. Not everyone subscribing to this list is a lecturer in english.

Now something that might help you to find a solution. Depending on your operating system, there are definitely several different solutions out there that are able to get the information you are looking for. Have a look at the command line tool "ffmpeg". This package is able to convert many different movie formats (it's like ImageMagick, but for movie files) and to retrieve some information from movie files.

Have a look at
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/
http://ffmpeg-php.sourceforge.net/

An other option could be Apple Quicktime. There are some command line tools out there that interact with Quicktime. Google for "quicktime command line tool" and see if you find something useful.

Regards,
//frank