Re: prepared statement

ctx2002 wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> We are use PHP PDO's Prepared statement to send SQL query to Mysql server.
> According to PHP PDO doc, Prepared statement are fast for executing multiple
> SQL queries with same parameters. "by using prepared statement you avoid
> repeating the analyze/compile/optimize cycle"
>
> Our application is a web application, each request will have a new Prepared
> statement handler generated by PDO Lib. so prepared statement actually
> slower than non-prepared statement.
>
> I just want to know how can we cache  Prepared statement handler, So we can
> re use it in later http request.
>
> for example:
>
> we have a query to pull out all product information from mysql db, each
> query just has a different product id , all other parts are same.

The query is the same.

It works out to be:

select * from products where id='X';

So you can just do something like this:

$product_query = $dbh->prepare('SELECT * from products where id=?');

$ids = array(1,2,3,4,5);

foreach ($ids as $product_id) {
  $product_query->execute(array($product_id));
  $product_details = $product_query->FetchAll();
  print_r($product_details);
}

--
Postgresql & php tutorials