Re: Monitor a WP website

At 3:20 PM -0400 6/24/08, Daniel Brown wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 2:46 PM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Now, if you want to do this on your own, then it should be simple enough to
 use get_file_contents and put the file through a md5() function (or use
 md5_file) and store the result in a dB.

 Then cron a check every so often to see if the hash has changed. If it has,
 then email you notice, rehash the site and store it in the dB.

    Tedd,

    As usual, a good idea.  However, with the abundance of blogs and
the like containing Google AdWords or similar --- or even accepting
comments, changing the time of day, holding a random image, et cetera
--- the page content will change frequently.

Okay, then get_file_contents(), parse between the tags that would contain the stuff you want to monitor, hash, store that, and do what I said.

    You'd get more emails than this list got when my PostTrack system
went haywire.

Egads, not that!?!

I had bits all over my desktop -- it looked like an ant farm.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------