Re: Installing PEAR on machines without internet access.

Gregory Beaver wrote:
Lester Caine wrote:
I've been going through the hoops documenting installation and recovery
notes for my customer sites. The majority of these run local web
services with no internet access from the servers, so with the
increasing reliance on PEAR extensions, I'm looking to the correct way
to 'install' PEAR packages.

Currently I just clone the PEAR directory from another machine. Is this
the only way ?

This will work if and *only* if the paths are the same on the
destination machine.  If so, this works fine.  Otherwise, you can
install PEAR directly just as PHP does, using install-pear-nozlib.phar,
check out the pear/ directory in your unix-based PHP distribution for
the Makefile.frag that shows usage.  After PEAR is installed, you can
install packages directly from tarball via the command-line.

pear install Package-1.2.3.tgz

Main problem I'm finding is working on site and hitting something that is not in the PHP download already. Although these sites are slowly allowing internet access, you can guarantee you forget to pick something on one that isn't :( Shitting windows has the same problem of cause - requires a working internet connection for some key steps and at 10pm trying to get a customers system back on line .... I have a large USB disk with almost everything I need - it would be nice to be able to simply download PEAR since many projects have stopped bothering to include the bits they use :(

Greg

P.S.  PEAR questions are best asked on pear-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, the
best support for PEAR is on that list.
Another pile of stuff just for one question :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL