Installing PEAR on machines without internet access.

I've been going through the hoops documenting installation and recovery notes for my customer sites. The majority of these run local web services with no internet access from the servers, so with the increasing reliance on PEAR extensions, I'm looking to the correct way to 'install' PEAR packages.

Currently I just clone the PEAR directory from another machine. Is this the only way ?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL