Re: Re: Search like php.net's URL thingy

<clip>
> I really dont see what anybody could gain by spamming this form but
> anyway it does check to make sure the person submits something that
> starts with "http" via strstr (after bringing it down to lowercase,
> thats why i didnt use stristr, and because it checks just "http",
> https too is allowed, i really dont think people will have much use
> for FTP or other protocols here so didnt bother, it also safeguards
> my server from people trying to serve up my local files)..

Yeah, that's not so great: http://ezee.se/d
</clip>
yep, but the above url is pretty much useless, its unable to access my filesystem and does... nothing, so other than a kid (and smart ass  programmers) fooling around, who would want to do soemthing like that?

<clip>
You could probably stop a lot of that by checking URLs against http://www.surbl.org/
  before allowing them.
</clip>
Thanks, thats a good idea and i think i'll work with it.

Cheers!